Sony Announced Their New Xperia XZ Range
Yesterday news broke from ISA that Sony is bringing out two new additions to its Xperia X series family, Xperia XZ and Xperia X Compact.
Packed with enhanced camera technology, both devices feature Sony’s triple image sensing technology as well as advanced learning technologies to give a more intelligent and personalized experience than ever before according to Sony.
FEATURES OF THE XPERIA XZ AND XPERIA X COMPACT WILL INCLUDE:
- 23MP main camera going from stand-by to capture in 0.6 seconds
- Optimised learning capabilities including Battery Care complemented by Qnovo adaptive charging, Xperia Tips and Smart Cleaner
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 processor with X12 LT
- Unified design with loop surface for a beautiful fit in the hand
- A range of matching accessories including Style Cover Touch and Style Cover Stand and comes supplied with the new USB Type-C charger
The regular XZ comes with a 5.2″ full HD screen, while the Compact sports a 4.6″ Full HD screen for people who don’t want to be handling a phablet.
One of the big catch points of the new camera is being able to take blur free images. The camera also tracks objects and keeps them in focus, perfect for those action shots you’re trying to nail. An RGBC-IR sensor delivers accurate colours, whether you’re in bright sun or indoors. It analyses and adapts to any light, reproducing colours just as you see them. So once you’ve shared them to Instagram you don’t get a nasty surprise when they look off-colour when you view them later on your desktop.
Another decent feature includes intelligent charging to prevent battery decline. It learns your charging patterns and adapts to them, resulting in up to twice the battery lifespan according to Sony.
Currently there’s no word on a New Zealand release date or possible RRP.